June 25-26 - Today nothing went as planned - status quo. After a bike ride to the water and lunch with Steve's family, we were supposed to drive to Gig Harbor to visit a friend and his preggers wife, the 25th was her due date. Who actually has a baby on their due date? These guys, that's who! HUGE congratulations to Eddie & Emily! Can't wait to meet little Edgar next time through!
It was too late in the day to drive I5 south without hitting horrible rush hour traffic through Seattle and Olympia so we were going to stay another night and leave in the am.... sure to miss traffic. Rondelle and Steve already had a babysitter booked and lans for dinner so naturally I became a 3rd wheel. It was the 1st separation the girls and I have had in 2 weeks and it was...... hard! I managed to enjoy a beer, but I was as preoccupied as having an infant thinking about them! Admittedly, a break from me was needed just as much for them.
 |
| Mornings don't get any better then when you have fresh blueberries to put on your breakfast. |
 |
| Bellingham waterfront. Loved that you could bike everywhere here - huge bike community |
 |
| Adding a little love to someones rock garden |
 |
| Hanging out with Steve the past 2 days just increased our overall time hanging out by about 25% and we'd still sat down like we'd known each other our whole lives. |
"Plans" were.... to leave first thing in the morning.
The final hard date I had to make on this trip is near - the big
push to make it to Forest Grove, OR by June 27th for the Love Rocks 5K
is upon us.
A week ago one of my very closest friends
who has been living in Japan & Hong Kong for the past several years
sent a message saying she was headed to Bellingham to check it out for a
potential move. What are the odds I would happen to be in the town at
the exact time she is passing through? It was a super sweet bonus to get
a call from her literally as we're leaving town to hear she was only 2
miles away. It was a quick hug session, but totally worth it.
 |
| My super quick visit with Kelley and her family. I still can't believe the stars aligned for a quick visit |
In the 3900 miles covered to date, I5 takes the cake on worst driving.... What a drag!
 |
| One of Mckenzie's posters |
 |
| Sierra & Mckenzie holding a few of their posters along with Ella & Isabella, more cousins. |
We arrived in Forest Grove to help with some last minute touches for the
Love Rocks Run, to spend time with amazing people and be with family.
Tomorrow is both a painful day and a beautiful day and I'm so blessed to
be able to be a part of this.
Crazy amazing! Love that you got to see Kelley!! We were in Truckee last week, which I understand is another option for their move. I love Bellingham!
ReplyDelete