June 15 -The beauty about not having a lot of drama is it leaves me with very little to talk about. It's moments like these that I think Dan appreciates me most.
Today was a beautiful day because I knew we were going to be coming back to the same campground and sleeping in the same place for more then 1 night. The reality was I still needed to pack up the tent so we could drive around. While a minor annoyance to have to put away the tent, it's still worth it when it only takes 5 minutes to open it up and get it set back up.
The weather went back to gray and unpredictable today so we opted for the indoor/outdoor waterpark
Kalahari. This place kept us busy from 10:30am-6:30pm. It was a looooong day. Bottom line - Wisconsin Dells is totally worth the swing through if you're in the neighborhood. I am hoping that the trip hasn't already climaxed for the girls!
 |
| Campsite #2 |
 |
| There were lots of elephants Mckenzie had to have her picture taken with |
 |
| Mckenzie was a little gripped on this ride |
 |
| Dropping |
Not to end on a negative note or anything.... but I was furious with the resort for having this insane "photo op" with a tiger cub. When I asked the people sitting by the cage they told me they take him from the zoo for 2 hours a day..... he was there the whole time we were there. People pay money for him to come out of his cage to take a picture with him. What is wrong with people? How crazy is this? And why was no one else outraged that it's clear the cub would rather be anywhere else other than a glass cage for 8 hours?
 |
| Photo from Google- I couldn't bear to bring myself to even look at the poor baby. |
Sorry..... ending on a positive note.
Oh my God! Kenzie and the elephants!!!! That made my day! Was this the highly anticipated water park that was mentioned in your first blog post?
ReplyDelete