Pages

STATS

Total Miles Driven: as of 7/31/2015 - 10,739 miles
Days On The Road: 50
States visited: 27; NH, VT, NY, Ontario Canada, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, back to Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York (again), Connecticut, Massachusetts, NEW HAMPSHIRE (again!)

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Biggest Waterpark in the Country

June 14 - This morning was grim, I'm not gonna lie. After a late-ish night catching up with Ryan & Megan I had to set the alarm for 5:30 am (waaaa, I know, this is typical for many of you) because we had to hit to road for 5:45. We had a 2 hour drive south to Ludington, MI where we caught the S.S. Badger for a 4-hour crossing of Lake Michigan to Wisconsin. Although early, it was a beautiful drive paralleling Lake Michigan most of the way.
Our early morning departure provided this amazing view
Getting on the ferry was exciting, though I think I was way more excited then the girls because I didn't have to drive for 4 hours and we were still making progress. It was disappointing that we were socked in the fog, but an experience none-the-less.
Didn't realize until after our home was getting loaded in the background

The belly of the beast

I really do think these things are amazing

Just because

Because I promised to show the good, the bad and the ugly. This was ugly. Mckenzie was furious because I was making them take pictures. I won.

A quick bite to eat in the cafe

Somehow it was bright and sunny in this picture

Backing up to dock. I can't even park my parents pontoon boat. This is a huge feat. Again, I'm way more interested then the girls.

As we pulled out of the port we crossed paths with the tail end of a marathon and half-marathon. This made me feel awesome for not having done anything for the past week. That's all I have to say about that.

Wisconsin - one of the most under-rated states. A perfect mixture of farms, trees and hills. It's really pretty. Get there if you can.
Portage, WI

Not the most creative photo - but just a quick shot of downtown. It was a cute area.
It took another 2 hours to get to our next destination, but it was a beautiful drive. Next stop was Wisconsin Dells: America's Biggest Waterpark. This place is literally the Vegas of waterparks. A 5-mile strip of nothing but really cool indoor and outdoor waterparks. It did not disappoint. We first visited Noah's Ark. I don't think I realized how lucky we were that it was empty until I saw where the lines were supposed to form. Not sure I'd be so happy if I had to deal with 1000's of people on a hot day. We had little or no waits for any ride. Meeting up with incredible friends was a huge bonus and I'm so grateful Marcus & Jen drove up from Iowa to play.
It's not funny when I throw water on her, but a huge bucket is hysterical to her. Go figure.





Likely the only camp fire we'll have seeing as the rest of the country is a match.
Fortunately for us, it was another day with little drama but lots of excitement for the girls.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to take the ferry! And the watermark looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete