Pages

STATS

Total Miles Driven: as of 7/31/2015 - 10,739 miles
Days On The Road: 50
States visited: 27; NH, VT, NY, Ontario Canada, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, back to Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York (again), Connecticut, Massachusetts, NEW HAMPSHIRE (again!)

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Old Friends

June 13 - This morning we woke up after the hardest 7 hour sleep. Yup, we slept in til 8am. This is really rare when camping but this tent is so darn comfortable I had no problem completely zonking out. Apparently we were a mere few hundred yards away from an airport because twice this morning I was pretty sure the wheels of landing airplanes skimmed the top of our tent, it was SO loud and horrifying to wake up to. I couldn't help but think it sure would have been nice if the lady at the front desk gave a courtesy warning just so we could be prepared.

I wasn't really in to checking out our locale last night, but this morning I couldn't help but think this area we'd stumbled upon was really pretty cool and wished we had just a few hours to bike around and check it out. As we left we drove by a dragon boat race, that alone was worth sitting on the shore and watching for a while.
Our 1st nights resting spot, long sought after
Note: Fanshawe Conservation Area. For anyone traveling through Southwestern Ontario it's actually really easy to get to, provided you know where you're going. A great place to camp for the night.

An attempt at getting a pic of the dragon boat races as we were leaving

Onward we must move. Today we had to continue our drive from London to Port Huron, Michigan and up Michigan to our destination at Traverse City. It was a gray ride and I'm happy to say, completely uneventful. As we left the campground I asked the girl at the front desk if she could help get us to Port Huron. With this she typed in the address to this handy little thing called Google and voila - turn-by-turn directions.
I will never bad mouth you again Google

We arrived in Traverse City around 4pm. We were visiting my good friends from college Ryan and Megan Cox. Sierra and Mckenzie were looking forward to this stop because I'd mentioned there were kids to play with. Megan came out with her 6 yr old Ellie and 8 yr old Mason and I didn't see Sierra or Mckenzie again for the rest of the night. In all seriousness, it was amazing to watch the girls totally mesh with these new friends. Even through we were only able to play a few hours before a late bedtime it felt like a week with what we accomplished. I am so grateful for old friends and so touched to see new friendships created.
 
They wasted no time getting down to the beach on Lake Michigan

These 2 have known each other approximately 1 hr by the time this photo was taken. They were Trouble!!

Traverse City has the coolest food truck area. You can get anything from sushi to pulled pork to grilled cheese. I wish we had something like this near us.

Taking a pic of Sierra & Mason taking selfies of themselves

Mission accomplished

Mckenzie took this one. I wish I knew if the waitress photo bombed the bunny ears or if that's Mason...



2 comments:

  1. I love this! This is what it's all about! People!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me smile... the kids all look alike, beautiful and happy. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete