Pages

STATS

Total Miles Driven: as of 7/31/2015 - 10,739 miles
Days On The Road: 50
States visited: 27; NH, VT, NY, Ontario Canada, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, back to Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York (again), Connecticut, Massachusetts, NEW HAMPSHIRE (again!)

Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Little Taste of Home

June 11 - When I realized last night that we were only barely 3 hours away from Caroline & Grant's new home, it was a no brainer. Although the timing could have been better (showing up just hours after they have stepped in the house as the new owners), they were totally gracious hosts. I think Sierra & Mckenzie were in need of a little Amherst as well. I had to pinch myself with how beautiful their new home and life is - they live in an epicenter of activity. The kids swam until they were waterlogged last night, and got up and did it all again.

We all got a quick run in Saturday morning and then were off to check out Mt. Diablo State Park (I'd call it the Calif equivalent of Mount Monadnock with an auto road.... and if you don't know Mount Monadnock.... look it up :). We drove most of it and hiked the last section with the kids.
Well this is reassuring
It wasn't a long hike, but this this sucker had some pitch
Who brought the short people?
Kid crew

These roads have taken a toll on poor Sierra's car sickness. She used to have no problem with a 2-hour car ride but these windy roads have changed it all. It comes on much, much quicker. From the Smith's it's easily less then 10-minutes to the entrance of the access road, then a slow climb on a narrow, steep and well-biked road. Sierra couldn't make it to their house. I now know that before every ride, regardless of distance, she has to take a Dramamine on these windy roads.

Well, we were planning only 1 night, but I figure since she wasn't well I'd leave 1st thing Sunday morning for Sequoia/King's Canyon. I think the girls were pumped.
Yup. Looks about right.

1 comment:

  1. Woah! Now THAT is a cool detour! Those Smiths must be one heck of a cool and fun family!

    ReplyDelete